RM-30 Muzzle Device 5/8x24"
The RM-30 Muzzle Device is designed to
be mounted one of three ways.
1. Ambi mounting distributes the recoil mitigating force of the RM-30
equally between both the left and right side.
2. Mounting for right handed shooters optimizes recoil mitigation for the
right hander by directing more recoil mitigating force downward toward the
3. Mounting for left handed shooters optimizes recoil mitigation for the
left hander by directing more recoil mitigation force downward toward the
you have decided which mounting method you will use follow the RM-30
instructions provided below.
1. Regardless of which method you choose you will first place the crush
washer on the barrel with the tapered end facing toward the barrel shoulder.
2. Simply thread the RM-30 onto the barrel by hand until the crush washer
and RM-30 are snugged up.
3. Use a ¾ inch wrench to engage the
flats on the RM-30 and tighten the device so as to align the gas ports for the
mounting method you have chosen. See mounting method and gas port alignment
Mounting methods and
gas port alignment.
Look now at the RM-30 and note that there are three 1/8 inch
gas ports that are in alignment with each other. These gas ports are going to
be your point of reference to set the method of mounting that you have chosen.
For Ambi mounting position the RM-30 so the 3
gas ports are at the 12 o’clock position.
For a right handed shooter position the RM-30 so
the 3 gas ports are at the 1 o’clock position.
For a left handed shooter position the RM-30 so
the 3 gas ports are at the 11 o’clock position.
Please Note: The 11,
12, and 1 o’clock positions are intended to be used from the shooter’s
perspective, as if you were behind the firearm aiming at a clock.