RM-30 Muzzle Device 5/8x24"
The RM-30 Muzzle Device is designed to be mounted one of three ways.
1. Ambi mounting distributes the recoil mitigating force of the RM-30 equally between both the left and right side.
2. Mounting for right handed shooters optimizes recoil mitigation for the right hander by directing more recoil mitigating force downward toward the left.
3. Mounting for left handed shooters optimizes recoil mitigation for the left hander by directing more recoil mitigation force downward toward the right.
Once you have decided which mounting method you will use follow the RM-30 instructions provided below.
1. Regardless of which method you choose you will first place the crush washer on the barrel with the tapered end facing toward the barrel shoulder.
2. Simply thread the RM-30 onto the barrel by hand until the crush washer and RM-30 are snugged up.
3. Use a ¾ inch wrench to engage the flats on the RM-30 and tighten the device so as to align the gas ports for the mounting method you have chosen. See mounting method and gas port alignment instructions below.
Mounting methods and gas port alignment.
Look now at the RM-30 and note that there are three 1/8 inch gas ports that are in alignment with each other. These gas ports are going to be your point of reference to set the method of mounting that you have chosen.
1. For Ambi mounting position the RM-30 so the 3 gas ports are at the 12 o’clock position.
2. For a right handed shooter position the RM-30 so the 3 gas ports are at the 1 o’clock position.
3. For a left handed shooter position the RM-30 so the 3 gas ports are at the 11 o’clock position.
Please Note: The 11, 12, and 1 o’clock positions are intended to be used from the shooter’s perspective, as if you were behind the firearm aiming at a clock.